BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas." -- Davy Crockett



Ok, I try not to get political on my blog, although it is a huge topic of interest to me. Hmmm... what do they say? Never discuss religion or politics (unless you want to argue?) But today is Texas' Independence Day! And voting day! I mean, you can't complain unless you're going to vote, RIGHT?? And, I'm proud to be a Texan. Both sides of my family go back generations here. My mother's side of the family fought in Texas' 'Come and Take It' Battle in Gonzales (Texas) and my great grandfather was best friends with Sam Houston (if you're reading this, and not from Texas, he's like the Father of Texas.)

Anyway, our great state is fairing much better than the rest of the country, and one of the main reasons is because of our great governor, Rick Perry. And even though he's an Aggie and I'm a Longhorn, my love of Texas surpasses my school loyalty. He's running against Kay Bailey Hutchison (oddly a Longhorn...) who, although seems like a pretty nice gal, I can't see replacing a perfectly good governor who has done a fabulous job, (especially in this country's current Depression) with a soft spoken gal who keeps dissing Perry... and who has voted fairly liberally for a self-described conservative. I mean, as we say in Texas, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.' So get out and vote!
And Don't Mess with TEXAS!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You got all this from me

Pearl said...

No, we think alike - scary right?