BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 29, 2010

"Beauty is only skin deep..."



I don't get the fascination with tattoos. It's sort of like drawing on yourself with a permanent marker but it never comes off. Ever. These people like Angelina Jolie are marking up their entire bodies. It's part of that Bad Girl image. I just find it gross. And I have to think that she and others like her will regret it in 20 years when her skin wrinkles like a raisin. Then there's Jesse James... and his mistress with tatts all over their bodies. I guess it's what attracted them to each other? What a great example for the next generation...

Did you know that tattoos are not allowed in Jewish law in the Old Testament, and that orthodox Jews forbid it? Well, Jesus was a Jew (Passover starts tonight) and the Bible says that Christians are adopted into His chosen family by faith.. So, make your own deduction.
I'm ok with temporary tattoos, as body art like henna. It's not something that looks good on older people, but as a fad - if temporary - sure. It's the permanent thing I dislike. God says our bodies are the 'temple of His Holy Spirit' and we're supposed to take care of our 'temples.'
I'm just saying...

0 comments: