BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 5, 2010

"What you give is what you get..."

Yes, you reap what you sow.... It's also in the Beatles song, 'and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you send.' I wish I would have really thought about this when I was younger. My grandmother used to say, "Good intentions pave the road to hell," and how true that is... I always know the right thing to do, and then I don't plan well or I'm tired or something happens and I'm never quite able to give like I would like to. You can really see this on 'Birthday people.' Those are the folks that make a huge effort for other people's birthdays and then on their birthday, it does come back to them. I had a relative that didn't invest in anyone, and in the end, he didn't have any friends. He didn't give and he didn't get. My mother used to say, 'You have to be a friend to have a friend,' and she had lots of them. She invested time with them, they had lunches and called each other, and had lots of laughs.

This is where I get very frustrated. It seems my whole adult life that I have been trying to keep my head above water. And in whatever free time I do have, I want and need to invest in my children. There just isn't much time left... My mother never worked, so she actually had the time to do things with friends and be involved in clubs. But if I manage my time better, then I can do the giving to the areas of my choice, and then I'll enjoy the benefits. It's always about time management with me. And energy... I'm just not a high energy person. My mind is all about burning the candle at both ends, but my body says no!
Anyway, it's just one of the laws of this planet - what you give is what you get.
Learn it - Live it - Love it

0 comments: