BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Practice random acts of kindness..."


On Thursdays I go to a networking group of business people for a luncheon. The members are pillars in our community and are real givers. Each week, we have an education segment, and recently we were asked to think about giving to someone randomly - an act of kindness. It had just happened to me the day before. In my car in the Starbucks line, I got up to the booth and they handed me my coffee and said I didn't owe anything. The car in front of mine had paid for it. I didn't know them! And it's not like I'm in my twenties anymore. It was a kind person practicing a random act of kindness and it made my day!
These kinds of things don't happen to me often, but today I got an email from a very good friend that practiced a HUGE random act of kindness. They had called the three places that I owed the most money to, and paid them in full! It's like manna from heaven! All I could say is WOW! (Well, my first thought was, are they committing suicide? They are in the same financial boat as me.) But they were trying to reduce my stress level, and it is such a huge load lifted. (And I can repay with my tax refund...)
A few years ago, I heard that we, as God's children, are supposed to be His arms and legs since He's a spirit. And when we are, WE get the blessing. It feels good. It's a win/win situation.
So, try it. Practice a random act of kindness. And some day, YOU'LL be the recipient...
And to my friend... THANK YOU and BLESS YOU... I will never forget this. You're a gem.

0 comments: