BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes." - Andy Warhol



Well, I'm still really exhausted and when I'm exhausted, I get really snarky. I'm too tired to pontificate on a quote, so I'll snark on 'Dancing With the Stars.' Like Jon & Kate's Plus 8's, Kate Gosselin. Here's someone who doesn't interest me in the least. She is a regular person who happened to have 8 children, and then I'm supposed to be interested in how she does it all... (Obviously not very well...) Anytime she is in a magazine or on Entertainment Tonight, I flip the page or mute the tv because I DON'T CARE!!! And now that she's had her 15 minutes of fame, she thinks she's a star and we're supposed to care when she gets a new haircut! What is wrong with our society that we've come to this?!? And NOW she's going to be on 'Dancing with the Stars' but SHE'S NOT A STAR!! She's just a regular schmo who had 8 kids! And got a divorce! And got a haircut! Or hair extensions!

Which brings me to the Bachelor's Jake Pavelka, who also thinks he's a star now that's he's been on a few episodes of television. And his 'fiance' that he's SO in love with (after 3 makeout sessions on television) wants to be a star too. So they go out to eat every night in Hollywood to the restaurants that have paparrazi in front, to land in the star magazines. YACK!! So he, too, will be on 'Dancing with the Stars'.... and, again, he TOO is NOT a star, he's a commercial airline pilot with bad judgment (and I hope to never fly with him piloting for that very reason.)
So all the wannabe stars and all the wanna comeback stars and all the need-to-lose-some weight stars all come together in the perfect trifecta of 'Dancing with the Stars,' and America eats it up. We watch them get their DWTS makeover, complete with spray tan and sequinned costumes, bump and grind, and then listen to Carrie Ann, Len and Bruno tell them how improved they are.
Frankly, Scarlett.........

0 comments: