BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Travesty.......

The more I'm reading about this oil spill, the angrier I am becoming...

Why weren't these companies more careful? I have always been pro-drilling in the Gulf, but am starting to reconsider.
I love the ocean and it is so disconcerting to see these poor sea creatures dying. The South may not get to enjoy an ocean swim for a long time, and the tourism business will suffer greatly.
And now the three corporations involved are playing the blame game, of course, because we are now talking BILLIONS of dollars to clean this mess up. And even then, it will not be back to the way it was before. And of course, the oil is still leaking today.... a LOT.
If there were a Republican as president, that's all we'd be hearing about.
I'm just saying........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree that what is happening to the animals and local economy is terrible but this was a freak accident. Oil spills are very rare and an unfortunate possibility if we are going to try to not be completely dependent on foreign oil.
-Alex

Anonymous said...

Thank you for commenting! After reading about what happens, it seems to me that they won't stay rare. I am certainly for drilling, just maybe not offshore.