BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

To Alex

From an early age, you have always had such a good head on your shoulders... I always likened it to the shopping cart that just flowed down the aisle instead of the one that you had to manhandle to not run off into the shelves. You always took pride in yourself, and tried as hard as you could. All the time. On tests. On friends. On family. On your appearance. You are beautiful, intelligent, wise, witty, and classy, and have always stayed on the right path.

You have always been a huge help to me, and a wonderful daughter. We've been through a lot...
You're a survivor. Mimi used to say, 'We have pioneer stock in us,' and it's true. All of your ancestors came to Texas with a dream and hard work, and life wasn't easy, but they made it. And you will too. It must be where the expressions, 'pull yourself up by the bootstraps' and 'bite the bullet' came from, because life was hard then, and might even be harder now.
In the Bible, it says, "for I know the plans I have for you, plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope." And He has a purpose for you and a plan for you. It says He will never leave you or forsake you. God takes care of His children; it's a promise. "For my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." And He cannot lie... 
I truly believe that if you can find something that you enjoy doing, then you WILL make money from it. I heard Oprah say that one day. She said she never, ever pursued money. She pursued her dreams, her desires, her loves. The money just followed. When you're content with what you do, the money will be enough. The 10th commandment is not to covet. That's a hard one. And not just other people's stuff, their situation as well. Everyone can look good on Facebook. Everyone can spin their life to look fabulous, but in truth, we all have our crosses to bear. No one ever said life is easy, and it isn't easy for anyone. Remember, 'seek first the kingdom of God, and all other things will you then be added.' I know I need to practice what I preach too, and I am preaching to myself first of all. But if we follow these things, it will all fall into place.
It has to, it's God's law.

0 comments: