BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 16, 2010

"The hand that rocks the cradle..."


Since I'm not young anymore, I do have the advantage of being able to look back when I was younger and compare it to now. I live within an hour of where I grew up, and still have family in my old neighborhood, so the comparison is apples to apples. I guess I can put it in a nutshell to say that people are losing their morals in every facet of life. Democracy can ONLY work if the vast majority of people can be trusted. If they cannot, then it will all collapse, and it seems to be what is happening now. When I was young, most doctors got in that business as a calling, not for the huge money. They didn't make the money they make now. They made house calls when I was young (how's THAT for sounding old!) The majority of doctors really CARED what happened to their patients. And yes, many still do, but it is nothing like it was years ago. It's why we have a problem with 'healthcare.' We used to be able to trust the insurance companies. Now, many of them don't hire enough employees to answer the phone, so that we will lose our patience after holding for over 30 minutes, and give up. They find loopholes so they don't have to pay. It's greed. It's lack of morals. It's people not caring about people...

I could go through most businesses, and you would know what I'm talking about. Teachers don't care about their students like they used to. (And they are paid much, much better than years ago.) Nurses used to be 'Florence Nightingale's' but sadly now, most are not. Even many pastors now are choosing the profession to milk money from their flocks... The list goes on and on.
The World War II generation raised the Baby Boomers but something was lost in the switch. And now the Boomers have raised Generations X and Y, and more has been lost. This group for the most part, does not go to church. They take longer to get through college, and put off being an adult until they're thirty. They watched 'Friends' and now the twenties are an extension of college and growing up. They've put off having children and responsibilities until their 30's. I guess they watched their Boomer parents and decided none of that looked very fun. But I digress... the Boomers did not instill the ethics they were supposed to in their children. Maybe because mothers worked away from home so much, there was no time to instill them. And America is suffering in the worst way. Everybody is mostly out for themselves these days. We've become a spoiled nation who've become accustomed to fast food, fast internet and fast lives.
Unless this nation returns to God, then it will continue to deteriorate...

0 comments: