BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

And the winner is........ who cares?


Yes, I watched the American Idol Finale tonight. This season just couldn't keep my interest though, so I would tape it, and then not watch it. Paula Abdul evidently made the show. Her chemistry with 'the boys' was what made it cute, like you were watching a family. When they added Cara last year, it lost some of that, but then this year, they lost Paula and added Ellen. Huh? She's not a singer. She's a comedian who now has a talk show. And likes to dance. Big deal... And NO one had chemistry with Simon, and he looked incredibly bored all season.

The contestants seemed like many of the years, but after the last two, they just didn't seem as good? I can't quite put my finger on it....
Anyway, tonight's finale was very entertaining. Lots of old Baby Boomer singers passing the torch to the next generation. And it was the last Idol for Simon Cowell, so they did some cute tributes, but it wasn't overdone. Paula actually kind of stole the show in my opinion, but then I really liked her contribution. Then at the end, it was TERRIBLY unclimactic. I had already seen on the internet that Lee was going to win, and yes, sure enough, that was right. His voice is good, not excellent. And he seems like the guy next door, but no star power. The runnerup was a gal with dreadlocks and a great voice, but she almost quit months ago, and didn't really seem to want it anyway. I think America picked up on that.
Next year will just be even weirder...(sigh)

0 comments: