BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 21, 2010

"The worst thing in the world is to try to sleep and not to." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald









Lately, I can't sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night, and my heart races with worry. One thing that has helped, is to get my iPhone and go to the Live Cams app. Within seconds I can see the other side of the world (since it's daytime there.) It somehow soothes me to see the beach. When I was growing up, we went to the beach every weekend from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Sometimes it's the only thing that helps...

I don't have the money to travel, so the Live Cams will have to do for visualization travel. It's bizarre, yet cool, that we can look at cameras all over the world. With satellites, we can see the Acropolis in Athens, Traflagar Square in London, New York City's busiest corner, the Cheeseburger Restaurant in Honolulu, the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty, the Collisseum in Rome, the pier at Huntington Beach, the Brooklyn Bridge in NYC, Positano Italy, and Tauranga Beach in New Zealand (my favorite at 3 am.)
These are all photos I took from my Live Cams - live shots with my iPhone camera.
Adios - Ciao - Au revoir -Arrivederci - Aloha!
Happy Travels!

0 comments: