BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Expectation is the root of all heartache." -- William Shakespeare



I've been saying this for years.... your happiness is based on your meeting your own expectations. I know for me, I have dealt with a lot of unhappiness for not meeting my own personal expectations of how life has turned out...If you would have asked me in high school if I would be in the situation I'm in at my age, there is no way I would have believed it...

Looking back, I wasn't particularly ambitious. I wanted what I saw on the sitcoms of my day, a happy family. Yes, we would have problems, but they would be solved in 30 minutes to an hour! Seriously, this is why it's always good to marry someone with a similar background, so that you will have similar expectations - in child-rearing, careers, vacations, neighborhoods and life in general. This way you won't be in constant battle over what you think is right. My sister always says you can't compromise your values; those are non-negotiable. This is a secret to happiness.
I'm just saying....

0 comments: