BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 15, 2010

"If you're going through hell, keep going." -- Winston Churchill

If you're going through hell, keep going.... Remember, this too shall pass. I only wish my father would have done this... My father committed suicide the week after my mother died. He stuck a gun in his mouth in the backyard. What a terrible ending to a life. We were looking forward to taking care of him after mom died. He was going through hell...

There are a lot of people going through hell right now. I want to be there for them, but life is really hard for me too right now. My paycheck was cut in half today, and I can't make it on the money I was paid... I've got some hard decisions to make and none of them look too good. I wish I was wealthy so I could help my family. I wish I could bring them security in this insecure world. I wish I could take them on a vacation far away, and leave our troubles behind for a week. I wish I could buy random presents to make their day better. Just an 'I love you' gift to leave on their bed like my mom used to do for me. I wish I could stop being so grumpy since I'm so worried about money. I wish I had more faith, because I need it right now. God promises to take care of our needs. He says we're not supposed to worry about anything, but pray about everything. "For my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." It's a promise. I have to stand on it. It's so hard when I can't SEE it. But that's what the definition of faith is. The substance of things not seen. Otherwise it's not faith. Because if you can see it, it's not faith, right? God never promised that life would be easy. He promised to be with us. I have this theory that this life on earth is a test. If we pass, we get to go to heaven. It's our choice. Or should I say our choices, all of the daily choices. When you come to a fork in the road, take the high road. Every time. Do the right thing. Every time. I used to always wonder when I was younger, what ''Rest in peace' meant. Now I know. They had struggled so hard in this life, in this world. But my word to you is, Hang on. Jesus is coming....

0 comments: