BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 7, 2010

"The most terrible poverty is loneliness and the feeling of being unloved."

It's a couple's world... It hits me the hardest on Super Bowl Sunday. All the parties... but the single person is rarely invited.

I've been single for a very long time. And as an adult, everything is based on couples. No one knows what to do with the (not young) single mom. I have one friend who started inviting me to her and her husband's parties after I told her how lonely I am. But it still feels weird driving up to their house and walk in alone. I'm a confident person, but it still takes a lot of guts. Even once I am there, it's hard to break in couples to couples conversations. And I am sensitive to the fact that some women feel like you're trying to steal their husbands if you talk to them.
My point is, if you're married, don't forget to invite your single friends to your parties. It's a fact that single people have shorter lives than married ones. We don't get as many hugs, and the stress of being single wears us down.
So, be thankful if you're in a relationship. Nothing is harder than at a restaurant when you have to say, "Table for one?"

0 comments: