BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Nice guys finish FIRST..."


If the Saint's Super Bowl win doesn't restore your faith, you need a heart check! It's like I felt when Sully landed the plane in the Hudson, America needed that miracle last year, like New Orleans needed the win this year. 

Saint's quarterback, Drew Brees is refreshingly humble. You can see it in his eyes, as the eyes are the window to the soul. Here's a guy who truly deserved this win, as did his entire team. Who doesn't just melt when you see Drew with his darling son after the huge win? A few years ago, Drew's shoulder was 'shredded' and he was told the chances of ever playing football again were very slim. After his rehab, only two teams invited him - Miami and New Orleans. He chose New Orleans to help build the team and to rebuild the city after Hurricane Katrina. Such wonderful stories with this Super Bowl. The American Dream is all over it. I sensed from the get-go that this Super Bowl was a 'God thing,' from the Tim Tebow ad to the quarterbacks involved. This Super Bowl had a charisma, and people are still talking about it. Here were two quarterbacks that are super givers to their communities. And the Mannings are a well known family from New Orleans, so either way the city was going to be a winner. 
It seems clear to me that God is rebuilding New Orleans in His way, in His timing. It's not natural, it's Super-natural. Against the odds. The Colts were supposed to win and win big. They had been to the Super Bowl recently and had the experience to go all the way again. But sheer will is the factor in sports that makes outcomes different and makes games exciting. 
I knew the Saints were going to win before the game started. I just felt it in my bones. So did a lot of others. Not only was it the most watched Super Bowl ever, but also the most watched television show ever, beating out the Mash finale.
What a feel-good game. At a time when America needs to feel good....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man I have to admit I was rooting for the colts but I couldn't be anything but happy for the saints. And then Drew with his kid with the headphones, I mean come on! I'm glad I was sitting in my apartment watching it alone (I'm very popular) so I could let my eyes well up without harassment. Its like what Conan said in his last episode. If you are a good person, and work hard, incredible things will happen. And indeed they did.