BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 8, 2010

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -- Dr. Suess




I love Dr. Suess. Somehow he reminds me of my dad, yet sillier, like me. Sam I am. Green Eggs & Ham. Thing 1 & Thing 2. Although I never met him, I know Dr. Suess is a kindred spirit just by his books and quotes. Why be so serious all the time? Life is more fun when you're silly. We need to laugh, and I do mean NEED. The Bible says, "Laughter is the best medicine." Recently I read of a lady with stage 4 cancer that rented funny movies and laughed for four days straight. When they rechecked it, it was gone. I think we should all rent funny movies and take a break from all the world's sadness and sorrow and just laugh. They say if you laugh, your body produces endomorphins, and makes you feel better, and actually makes you better. They say if you're depressed, make yourself smile and laugh and your perception becomes your reality. You fake your body out.
I know it's Monday, but personally I've got to turn off all of the bad news out there because too much can be toxic. We need to be around positive people. We need to look at the glass half full. And we need to laugh and laugh.
Well, I'm going to go eat dinner now........ green eggs and ham!

0 comments: