BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Pass it forward."




Here is an uplifting story I would like to share... When I worked at the Austin American Statesman in the nineties, I worked with a lady in her thirties, who everyone really liked. When I met her, I asked how long she had been at the paper. She answered, 'which time?' She went on to say she had marital problems earlier, and relayed this story. She said she LOVED her job, and LOVED Austin, and all of her family and friends are in Austin. So when her husband came home and said, 'We're moving,' she was completely upset. Upset that he had looked for a job without telling her. Upset that he accepted a job in Amarillo without telling her. Upset that he had rented a house sight unseen. Also upset because they had two young children, making the move even more difficult. She was furious. She actually had decided that she would not go because of all of this but did not tell her husband. Out of curiosity, she did go up to Amarillo with him just to look at the town to see where HE would be moving. She had been reading a book about angels, but her husband had not seen it.
When they got to the rent house with the realtor, she said it had been empty and no one had been inside for awhile. And it was locked. When they got to the master bedroom, the floor was covered with white feathers. The realtor looked so embarressed and said she could not imagine how they got there. No one had even had the key. But my friend knew how. It was the exact scenario she had recently read in her book. AND she had asked God for a sign about it all. Long story short, she moved up there with him and the kids, they were there a year, and moved back to Austin, and she got her job back.
After I heard the story, I asked God if He would send me feathers too. And He does. Every so often I will find a feather in the most odd place, and then I know that God is telling me He's with me. If I save them in my pocket or purse, they disappear. It's the strangest thing.

So, I'm passing it forward...

0 comments: