BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 25, 2010

"A man without a moustache is like a cup of tea without sugar." -- English proverb








I love moustaches, or is it that I love Tom Selleck and it makes me love moustaches.... hmmmmm.... Well, I love both. I think moustaches are really masculine. I know they are out of vogue currently, but in my Hill Country part of Texas (the jewel), it is still fashionable for cowboys and home builders to wear moustaches. It's part of the uniform actually. I think if a guy has the guts to wear one these days, he has a pretty good self esteem, and won't let Hollywood or NYC dictate what's fashion anyway. I would like that about them too. Maybe I just miss masculinity, like the old westerns. Maybe it's a nostalgic thing for me, I'm not sure. I know my younger brother has had one since he could grow hair, and he's one of the afore mentioned types, that doesn't really care what's hip and happening. So it's also a state of mind... I like that. It's sort of a 'Don't Mess with Texas' attitude that kind of prevails around here. Wish we could actually secede from the big mess up in Washington too...
But in the mean time, I'll watch movies with Tom Selleck and other moustached hunks and be glad I'm a Texan.
Oh and check out my brother at the bottom....

0 comments: