BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."


I have a strong personality and I find that people either really like me or really don't. That's sort of how it is when you have strong opinions. My mother was not opinionated, was easy going, did not feel strongly about religion or politics and she had tons of friends. She was open-minded and fairly liberal about life, and this kind of person gets along with everyone.

I feel strongly about things. I have always had a close group of friends instead of tons of acquaintances whom I am very loyal to. I am conservative in my belief system, which I feel strongly about. Thus I will be verbal to those of a liberal opinion that make decisions that affect me or my loved ones. In America, you are free to do as you wish until you infringe upon someone else's rights. A great example is abortion. The liberal says the woman has the right to choose regarding her body. I say that is making a decision that infringes on another person's rights, i.e. their own child's right to live! A person has a right to get drunk, but then not to go drive and endanger another person's rights. These arguments inevitably get back to a person's belief system. And America's belief system is inarguably losing it's way. I just cannot stand by and watch it happen without saying something. If I don't, then I'm part of the problem. If people criticize me, so be it. We're supposed to please God instead of man.
It's that simple.

0 comments: