BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hot in the Summertime


Yes, I know. Television in the summertime is 'slim pickin's.' But last night as I was surfing on the remote, I landed on the first episode (pilot) for the new show, "Hot in Cleveland." Since I like the actresses, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves (from Frasier), and Wendy Malick (from Just Shoot Me) and Betty White (still going strong at 88 years old), I thought I'd check it out. Surprisingly, it was really good. I say surprisingly, not because of the actresses, which are all veterans and wonderful, but because I'm so accustomed to crap, like reality shows, so it was a pleasant surprise. The writing really cracked me up. I know, they are Baby Boomers like me, so I can relate, but even if you're young or a man, or a young man, you can still appreciate good writing. Too, you can't create chemistry - it's either there or it's not. And they've got it. It didn't even seem like a pilot. It seemed like they had started their second year. Any time you've got good writing, good chemistry and good actors, you've probably got a hit. The only problem is that it's on a cable network, TV Land, so I'm hoping people will still see it. But then Glee is on Fox, and it's taken off in a huge way. Of course, word gets around when a show is actually worth watching.

So try it. You might like it. It's on Wednesday nights.

0 comments: