BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 6, 2010

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends."




Just a quick post to say I love Texas. Just read the newest "Cowboys and Indians" magazine which was full of fun Texas stories and about several Texas musicians, like Robert Earl Keen, Cory Morrow, Randy Rogers, Pat Green, Jack Ingram, Kevin Fowler, and Ruthie Foster. They all live in Austin except Pat lives in Fort Worth and Robert Earl lives in Kerrville. There's a great story about Bandera, 'Cowboy Capital of the World.' There's also a story about Bob Wills and my favorite actor, Robert Duvall, who played in two of my all-time favorite movies, "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Lonesome Dove" (a Texas classic.) Oh, and another that most people didn't see, "Secondhand Lions," which reminds me of most Texas older men. Wow, such a true classic. Love it.... He's coming out in a movie this summer, "Get Low," which sounds right up my alley -- it's a Horton Foote story (who also wrote "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Tender Mercies.") I can't believe he's 79. Gosh, he reminds me of my Papaw...

Yes, Texas. The only state that's still sane...

0 comments: