BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 16, 2011

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap." - Galatians 6:7





Here is Shwejga Mullah, 30, an Ethiopian nanny for the Gaddafi family. She suffered major burns when Hannibal Gaddafi's wife, Aline, threw boiling water over her when she refused to discipline a child. Her entire body was covered in weeping scabs when she was discovered abandoned in a room at one of the family's luxury seaside villas in western Tripoli last month when she was too sick and weak to leave. She told CNN last month that she came from her home country to work as a nanny for the couple's young daughter and son a year ago. She explained how (model) Aline lost her temper when her daughter wouldn't stop crying and Mullah refused to beat the child. "She took me to a bathroom. She tied my hands behind my back and tied my feet. She taped my mouth, and she started pouring the boiling water on my head. There were maggots coming out of my head, because she had hidden me and no one had seen me," she recalled. "When she did all this to me, for three days, she wouldn't let me sleep. I stood outside in the cold with no food." Mullah was burned twice, the incident before this was three months ago. A colleague who did not want to give his name, also said he had been regularly beaten and slashed with knives, and also verified Mullah's story. Mullah added that she received no payment for the year she worked for the Gaddafis.

I relay this story to say that I love the USA and think it's worth fighting for...

0 comments: