BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 5, 2011

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock..."


Occasionally I like to post really cool photos - this one was taken on top of the volcanic Cirque of Mafate peak, a remote and inaccessible volcanic crater that hikers love due to it's unspoiled nature, on the island of Reunion in the Indian Ocean. It was taken by an amateur french photographer named Luc Perrot who climbed the mountain to record a time-lapse video of the movement of the clouds on July 10th and was stunned at what he saw. The figure bears an uncanny resemblance to Jesus with arms outstretched, and floats on a cloud, with a crescent of light acting as a halo. Perrot said, "It took me by surprise. When I looked back at the footage, it gave me the feeling of a divine appartion." He went on to say that it was probably a weather phenomenon and could be explained scientifically.

Um hmmm....

0 comments: