BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 23, 2010

"Is it true blondes have more fun?"




I'm dyeing my hair tonight. I SWEAR I'm worse than Britney Spears... It was red until tonight. That was because I made the horrible mistake of putting henna on my hair a year and a half ago. I didn't know it turns your hair the color of ALGAE.... or moss... or gray-green mush.... and when I pulled it out, it was blue. And now it starts half-way down my head, so for a year, I've had to wear a pony tail. I've been blonde, red, light brown, dark brown... all of the Charlie's Angels! Wow, the things we women have to do! Ugh! Must always sacrifice comfort for beauty. And then you HAVE to dye when you get older, so you can look younger. I mean WHO wants to throw in the towel some day like Barbara Bush did?! I never want to get the matronly, old look...

And by the way, I think blondes DO have more fun. People treat me nicer when I have blonde hair. I think, as a brunette, I look austere or scary, but I definitely get treated worse with darker hair. After tonight my hair is now the color of 'dark' Britney. She seems to get different personalities with her hair. It almost seems like the dark represents the real Britney and the blonde is the 'showgirl' Britney.... just a thought. But, not true for me. I'm just trying to cover up ugly henna. Oh, and go back to 'my roots' - literally. Because underneath all these layers of chemicals was once pretty, dark hair. When my family used to go to Mexico around college age, the natives would speak Spanish to me and my dad, since we looked like Spaniards.
Too bad I don't look like Penelope Cruz....

0 comments: