BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"If you have to have a job in this world, a high-priced movie star is a pretty good gig." - Tom Hanks




Ok, I admit it and so should you. We all get our movie star crushes no matter HOW old we are. There's just something about them, and bammo, we're hooked. My current crushes are Simon Baker from 'The Mentalist' (tv show) and Gerard Butler, whom I fell in love with (like most women) in the movie, 'P.S. I Love You.' I don't know what he's like in real life, and ignorance IS bliss in this case. I know he's hanging out with Jennifer Aniston, since they just did 'The Bounty Hunter' together, but somehow they don't seem like a match. But what do I know?

And Simon Baker on' The Mentalist?' Darling. He's so endearing. And he tries to hide his Australian accent, but I can still hear it. I LOVE accents! Mmmm, and he surfs. I've always been a sucker for a surfer. I guess spending half my life on the beach, I'm attracted to tan blondes, but at my age, there aren't too many!
I fell in love with Tom Selleck in 'Magnum P.I.' and still think he's a hunk, even at an older age. Mark Harmon is another who has aged well, and, like Tom Selleck, will always be in my Top 10 Favorite Hollywood Crushes. I really fell for Andy Garcia in 'When A Man Loves a Woman,' where he plays husband to alcoholic wife, Meg Ryan. He just seems real.
I've never fallen for Brad Pitt or George Clooney - they seem arrogant and full of themselves. So it isn't just outward looks, it's what you see in the acting too. I liked Kevin Costner in the beginning, but then Hollywood seemed to do a number on him, and he seemed like a jerk after that.
Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter what I think, but they make me smile.
Guess that's why they make the Big Bucks....

0 comments: