BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"62% of kids who enter college with some sort of faith commitment leave without it." - Rick Santorum


Rick Santorum (who by the way, TIED Romney in Michigan for delegates) speaks the truth, and Big Media is all over him for doing so. This past week in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos he said, "President Obama said he wants everybody in America to go to college. What a snob! There are good, decent men and women who go out and work hard every day and put their skills to the test that aren't taught by some liberal college professor trying to indoctrinate them. 62 percent of kids who enter college with some sort of faith commitment leave without it." He went on to say that most conservative kids who go to college are singled out, ridiculed and docked for their conservative views. I say, "Right on, Rick!!" This is absolutely correct, and anyone who says different is kidding themselves.

As I've mentioned before, when I was at the University of Texas in Austin, this happened to me personally. I had the goal of becoming a newspaper reporter, but my professor kept embarressing me in class and telling me that sorority girls like me would never get hired, and that I should switch to public relations (in the most disdainful tone he could muster.) I realized then, that it's a "club" and they only hire like-minded people in Big Media type jobs. Liberal snobs always get into education to indoctrinate young people to their beliefs and shame them if they don't comply. In high school I had a teacher that said we were going to have a debate about whether abortion should be legalized, and those that were for it should go on one side of the classroom with him, and those opposed, to the other side. I was the ONLY one on the other side, and I had a huge high school... But my convictions have always run deep, more so than my parents or siblings too.
And regarding the whole college thing, in retrospect I wish I would have sent my grown son to a tech school for a trade, as his college education doesn't seem to be worth the paper it's printed on. He's in Austin where there are tons of people with advanced degrees waiting tables and selling shoes. Degrees are a dime a dozen, but I digress. Santorum is dead on correct, and is really brave to tell it like it is rather than talking out of both sides of his mouth like Clinton used to do. He's a stand-up man who is humble and honorable. I wish that Gingrich, who only got a very small percentage of votes in yesterday's primaries, would drop out of the presidential race so Santorum can surpass Romney. And I wish Ron Paul would just shut up and retire. I mean the guy IS 76 years old. And if he desires, he can be on the speaker circuit.
I hear there's big money in that...

0 comments: