BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 9, 2012

"Agree to disagree..."


Yesterday I had a conversation with one of my largest advertising accounts, a car dealership manager here in the Texas hill country. I was excited about Santorum winning big in 3 states but he didn't seem to be. He had previously said that he liked Santorum the best and lined up with his morals the most, but didn't think he could beat Obama. He still doesn't. Like many, he thinks it's a fluke, just like Big Media is telling him. He said, and I quote, "Don't get me wrong, the 3 G's are the most important to me - God, Guns and Gays, but Santorum just can't win." Like a lot of the tough guys around here (including my ex-Marine guy friend), he thinks Gingrich would be able to "bring it" to the sitting president. I said I think that Gingrich is unlikeable and has tons of baggage - that he doesn't have the moral fiber that conservatives want in our candidate - that there is room for Gingrich in a Republican administration, just not as president. He's too much of a hot-head in my opinion. But this is why my client likes Gingrich. He all but said that he thinks Santorum is too much of a nice guy to win. We decided to agree to disagree.

Then we made a bet...

0 comments: