BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 30, 2010

"You can all go to hell; I'm going to Texas." - Davy Crockett


Yes, it's a Monday and I'm really tired. My quick thought is that the older I get, the more I love Texas. Since visiting California since I was 12, I had always wanted to live there. The weather is such paradise. But when I really think about it, of course, I wouldn't want to be that far from family. And when I close my eyes and visualize, it's just not me. There's a 'can-do' spirit in Texas that you really can't find anywhere else. I mean adventurous people settled this land, many of them 'outlaws,' of which some of my relatives fall in this category. I know when I spent a month in Connecticut, it felt like I was in a different country. People down here just are fun, and loud, and daring and adventurous and well, smarter than the rest of the country. We just have more common sense. We're hardier. We fight for what we believe in. We're the most like the original people that came to America for freedom.
I'm finally happy with where I'm at.
And God bless Texas...

0 comments: