BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 24, 2011

"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not."



Well, it's late January and I'm doing my usual winter 'California Dreaming' and sometimes even Hawaii dreaming. Yes, I do live in Texas where it does not snow or ice up except 'once in a Blue Moon,' whatever that is... It's the time of year where everyone's depressed after Christmas because everyone is broke, the sky is usually gray, there aren't any fun parties like at Christmas time, there's no more 'Good Will' going around, and not even any pretty lights on all these dead shrubs... I find myself looking at 'Earth Cams' and 'Live Cams' on my iPhone to fantasize about being in a tropical climate. And in the middle of the night when it's already tomorrow in Austrailia, I like to look at Bondi Beach since it's summer over there. I know it's only dreaming. California's economy is totally in the tank right now, and it's not like Hawaii really welcomes newcomers to live in their islands. Au contrare, they resent people coming over and taking the jobs and changing their way of life. There's actually a large movement to try to secede from the United States, but I digress. But just know that I can't actually move because I'm too old to start over now. Spring will come, and flowers will come out, and trees will bloom, and the sunshine will give me new hope for this year.

Luckily I can see February coming, and with each month of the new year, it gets a little better.
My son called me last night and said he wants to move to Southern California... I wonder where he gets that...

0 comments: