BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 7, 2011

"Naked a man comes from his mother's womb, and as he comes, so he departs." - King Solomon


Wow... I hope it turns out better for me than these two examples... One is, my youngest daughter has a very good friend, (for the sake of the story, let's call her Alice) who's grandmother passed away on Wednesday. Alice's parents divorced this year after being married for 20 years, and I'm not sure if it was the mother or the father's parent, (one grandmother was in Dallas and the other in Waco) and neither were doing very well. But here's my point. Alice was in school on Thursday. So, okay, the parent went up to make arrangements? And then I hear that tonight she is with one of her parents at the Cottonbowl watching the Aggies?? Really?? What kind of disrespect is THAT? If my child, or (future) grandchildren, cannot even take a WEEK to mourn my death, then what kind of failure was I??

This reminds me of a similar but worse example. I have a male friend, Baby Boomer aged, who was engaged to a gal many years ago. (Let's call her Vickie.) Well, my friend and Vickie broke off the engagement, and shortly thereafter she married an older man. So, a few years ago my guy friend sees in the Dallas Morning News that Vickie's husband had died, so he sends a condolence card, and calls her a few months later. Now, mind you, Vickie was and is still very attractive with a nice personality and they had a 'normal' marriage, and two children in high school at the time of his death. But Vickie says she didn't miss ONE day of work for his death. She had the funeral on a Saturday, and gave his body to science... Oh, and she has a 'memorial' for him in her garden/back yard... Say what? I think I grieve my pets deaths more than this gal!! She was married to this man since the seventies and has 2 children, and she can't miss a day of work?? Give me a BREAK!!!
So, I am telling my family, when my time comes, please grieve for me at least a week!
Please!

0 comments: