BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Live Blogging the Golden Globes with Alex


My older daughter Alex and I watched the red carpet and Golden Globes together by text. When she was growing up, we used to love to watch beauty pageants together and critique them, so we're just continuing on now. We're not as tacky as Joan & Melissa, so I'm going to let you in on our back & forth, starting with the red carpet:


Alex: Everyone is boring. No good dresses! I guess Kyra Sedgewick is my favorite so far. I'm annoyed with all the black and beige.
Me: I didn't see her but Angelina Jolie looks good in something besides black and Christina Aguilera looks burlesque-y in lace.
Alex: Yes, love the green instead of boring black
Me:Tina Fey looks good for her
Me: Scarlet Johannson looks 30's Hollywood
Alex: Haven't seen her yet
Alex: Her hair is terrible
Me: True!
Me: I'm on NBC
Alex: I'm on E
Me: Amy Adams looks pretty but no sparkles
Alex: It's too plain in color and style
Me: Yeah
Alex: Christina Ag is gross
Me: I somehow like it
Me: Black is sooo boring on red carpet
Alex: Tina Fey is like Ang Jolie in that she always goes black or navy. Snore.
Me: Sophia Vergara is hot chili pepper
Me: Red & black
Alex: Hate it. It looks like a red vampire
Me: I kinda like it for her; it accents her figure
Me: But not for red carpet
Alex: We have completely opposite taste
Me: Sometimes cuz I like showy & you're classier
Alex: You like lace and layers and ruffles. I like color on the red carpet
Me: Yes
Alex: Hate Halle Berry's dress
Me: Not digging Halle either
Me: Helen Mirren looks good
Alex: Hate Ann Hath
Me: Haven't seen Ann Hath
Me: Cath Zeta looks Scarlett OHara
Alex: She is glamourous
Me: Clare Danes is ready for a 60's Shindig
Alex: Meg Fox looks beautifull!!!!
Me: Dislike Jen Love Hewitt's
Alex: It's cute
Me: Prom-ish
Alex: So true
Alex: Hate jlo too
Me: haven't seen
Me: Michelle Williams is too casual
Alex: It's bazaar
Me: Jlo sux
Alex: Agreed. And her hair is bad.
Me: Yep
Me: Ann Hath sux
Alex: Ugh I know. Hate the shoulder pads
Me: Carrie Underwood is prom Barbie
Alex: It's sparkly but boring
Me: Yep
Me: Tilda is an ALIEN
Me: I like Olivia Wilde's
Me: Nice
Alex: She is offensive in her lack of effort
Me: Tilda?
Alex: Yes Tilda the alien
Me: She's awful
Me: She's going for the worst dressed
Alex: She will narrowly beat helen bonham carter
Me: Didn't see her, black?
Alex: It was a hot mess but there was some black yes
Me: Can't wait to see it
Me: Don't like January Jones'
Alex: It's too much. Too red. too tight. too much.
Me: Not appropriate for red carpet
Alex: Nicole Kidman is a mannaquin
Me: Katie Sagal looks like old stripper
Alex: Lol!!! Good call.
Me: Or madam of whore house?
Me: Julianne Moore looks awful. & never wear all red on red carpet!
Alex: It's terrible. One long sleeve is just stupid.
Me: It looks early 70's
Me: Bad early 70's
Alex: It's old lady. If she were 70 it would work
Me: Ha, so true!
Me: Maybe Sophia Loren
Me: Ricky Gervais is hilarious
Alex: He is awesome!!
Me: His comments on Hugh Hefner made me pee my pants!
Alex: Adam was hissing he was laughing so hard
Me: Me too!
Me: This chic's dress is stupid
Alex: It's the definition of drab
Me: Yeah
Me: (on Michelle Pfifer's purple dress) Barney!!
Me: (on Milla Jojovich's dress) Ooooh I would've worn that silver dress if I was skinny
Alex:It's what I tried to find for my wedding dress and couldn't
Me: Ooooh I like
Me: Drab bleh
Alex: ??
Me: That chic that just won for boardwalk empire
Me: Did you see Sandra Bullocks heavy long bangs? Maybe to look younger?
Alex: Still can't believe ang jolie wore color
Me: I know & it's not low cut
Me: Jlo looks retro, I wore something vaguely close in '72
Me: It's too hippie bridal gown
Me: Yeah baby
Me: Kyra Segwick does look elegant
Alex: She never disappoints me
Me: She doesn't seem to age - lucky
Me: Beiber looks 12
Alex: I know. He better hit a growth spurt STAT
Me: He's 16... very small
Alex: He's petite and delicate looking
Me: This is the ultimate Hollywood cocktail party
Me: Annette Bening is Morticia from the Adam's Family
Alex: Bad hair, bad glasses, bad dress
Me: I know!! Sux!!
Me: And it's BLACK!
Me: Al Pacino looks like the absent minded professor
Me: Only saw Helen Bonham Carter's hair but it's a hot mess too
Me: That's just scary...
Me: Tilda & strange dude
Alex: It's offensive
Me: hahaha
Me: That made me laugh!
Me: Emma Stone is pretty but I've dressed upped more for a bridal shower
Me: Clare Danes looks like a pink board
Alex: It's too bright. And it's a strange combo of bright and boring
Me: I like that call... bright AND boring
Me: I want to see that temple movie about autism
Alex: I saw it. It's good.
Me: Cool
Alex: Temple changed the way cows are brought to slaughter to be more humane
Me: Ooooh I like her
Me: Zac Efron is still DREAMY & I'm old
Alex: He is dreamy
Me: Mila Kunis looks elegant
Alex: I totally agree
Me: Natalie Portman's dress is odd; I know she's pregnant, but it's red & mellorine?
Me: Olivia Wilde is my favorite dress tonight, LOVE all the sparkles!
Alex: Yes it's lovely
Me: Ryan Seacrest looks cute with Julianne Hough
Me: I love Jane Fonda
Me: I love Jenny Garth but she looks prom-ish
Me: My hair, tonight, looks better than hers...
Alex: Lol
Alex: What is the deal with shoulder pads?
Me: They must be bringing them back?
Alex: Christian Bale is crazy and probably drunk
Me: He's got issues...
Me: Eva Longoria is a 2nd sexy morticia
Alex: De Niro's speech was awful. He came across as smug and racist.
Me: And bumbling & older than he is
Me: His attempt to be funny failed
Alex: Saying all the waiters were about to be deported was racist, saying something about body scanning Megan Fox was awkward and the private schools comment was smug
Me: Yeah, & I agree on De Niro
Me: Megan Fox is 2nd best dress
Alex: I think she is my best dressed
Me: Alicia Keys is wearing a red tent
Alex: And Halle Berry is wearing something from Victoria's Secret
Me: hahaha
Me: Natalie Portman looks like a living valentine!
Alex: Totally
Me: Sandra Bullock's wearing blush too
Me: Fun watching with you!!
Alex: Ditto!
Maybe there's room for us on E's Fashion Police!

0 comments: