BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Say it ain't so!!!

Nooooooo!! Not the end of an era!! Reeeeg (Regis Philbin) announced today that he is retiring from 50 years of television and 28 years of his "Live" show in New York. Granted he IS 79 years old, but somehow he has defied the laws of nature like Betty White, and kept on ticking like the Energizer Bunny.

My mother would have been 79 years old this year and probably would've been like Regis if she hadn't smoked so much... Ooooh I HATE to see this generation getting older and then leaving us. That means that the Baby Boomers will be the old folks - ugh! I find comfort in my parents' generation, and I need to SEE them!
Anyway.... I will certainly miss Reeg... I mean it was my favorite with Regis and Kathi Lee. I know, I know, many found her to be annoying, but I wasn't one of them. They were so cute together with such great chemistry in their friendship... I've never liked it NEAR as much with Kelly Ripa, who oddly, I DO find annoying... but Regis still made it fun and interesting.
Yes, there are other morning shows, but I never got into Ellen with all of her dancing and West Coast stuff. No, I just stuck to Reeg, who, like Johnny Carson, has been on all of my life. It won't be the same without him. It will leave a void. Sure the next generation will jump in his spot, and market to their generation, and Boomers will have to find another venue to see our peers.... Ugh... I dread it.
So, later this year, if I'm home on a work day, I will turn on the morning shows and they will say, "Live! with the _____ & Kelly Show!" And my heart will sink.
Time is marching on...

0 comments: