BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Reach out and touch someone?"


Each year my church asks that we have a collective 'fast' for the first 21 days of January. The pastor asks that we give up something that we would miss. He gives up sugar, caffeine and meat but said that some are giving up Facebook. I contemplated this as after church as I was driving to eat Tex-mex enchiladas for lunch, so Facebook sounded good at the time. I thought it's a slow month in January, so I would just give that up. I didn't realize what a Facebook junkie that I am... Aaaaaaaaaahhhh, it's only been today, and I'm going through withdrawals! It's just so easy when you're anywhere waiting for something, to grab your phone and check Facebook. Like today at the deli - those people are always SO SLOW!! How much time have I spent in my lifetime waiting for the dang deli woman to cut the meat? I dread it. Or at the post office. I have to go each week for work, and have to wait in a line about 20 people deep - each week. They are on salary, so it doesn't behoove them to speed it up. It's like the DMV - ugh! So again, Facebook saves my temper from rising like the old cartoons where you see the thermometer go up and up and up. So.... I can check my email. Boring... Or some of my apps. Boring.... I guess my way of keeping up with everyone is on Facebook. You get tied into these people's lives. I tend to know someone way better if they are my friend on Facebook. Maybe I'll start a Facebook's Anonymous, and we'll start out, Hi, I am (your name here) a Facebook addict, it's been 10 days since I checked my account... It's only for 3 weeks... ummmm...
that sounds like eternity....

0 comments: