BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 9, 2011

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Isaac Asimov

Requiem
Like most in America, I mourn the loss of lives in the Arizona shootings yesterday, but I mourn more... When you look deeper, I think we can mourn the loss of young people in our country.

Most of them are so lost. I don't know what the background on the young man that shot these people is, except for the little that came out yesterday about him, but it is apparent that he is not a rational man, i.e. crazy. And why did he target this Congresswoman, of all people? Did he choose a woman since it might be easier? And why shoot into the crowd? He's going to die, so take a lot of people with him?? I had a friend once that said don't try to make an irrational person rational, but we all are asking - how do you prevent incidents like this from happening again? The gun control people will start their rants, and different groups will too, but the real answer is, that we cannot stop these sorts of things in a free country like ours.
My efforts would start with the young people. They don't worship God any more, they worship pop culture. This young man said he didn't believe in God, and his favorite books were Mein Kompf, the Communist Manifesto and Animal Farm. They said he was a pot head too, although so is Willie Nelson... And where are his parents and what do they have to say? People are saying he used to be fairly normal in high school and was even in the school band. He was rejected by the military, although I'm not sure why. Had he lost hope in this country? Had he lost hope from the economy? Had he lost hope in the future? And then I wonder, why didn't he just kill himself? Was he trying to be infamous since he couldn't be famous? I don't know and maybe we'll never know.
I just know there are innocent people who died or are in critical condition and for what....

0 comments: