BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Eeenie, meanie, miney mo..."


I'm sorry. I just can't get excited about Gingrich or Romney... I know, I know. Either of them would be a gazillion times better than our current president. Actually ANY of the Republican candidates would be. It's just that I wanted someone who I could get EXCITED about. You know, a true conservative. I want a tough man. Yes, I think Bachmann is intelligent, informed, and experienced, but I still want a man for this job. We need someone really strong to take on the most distressed state we have ever been in.

Newt vs. Mitt is bleh. (Come to think of it, they both have really unusual names.) Both are vetted and both could do a great job. Why aren't I more excited?? I guess I've fallen into the media trap that our president has to be really likeable. And an excellent debater. And an awesome speech giver. And has to have charisma and be exciting. And "cool" for the younger generation.
The media is already making fun of Romney and commenting on his boring-ness. They compare him to B.O. who they think is a cool cat with his starched shirts, and plays lots of golf and basketball, and thinks he's above actually doing any real work. The media wants 4 years of parties, and NEW editorial subjects. Being in the media, I know that they are always looking for the unique; sort of a one-upmanship. Oh, how they would LOVE to have a gay president, and even better if he's married with children. Then they could talk about the "first gay president" and how America has become so tolerant, and blah blah blah. But I digress....
For me, I just want someone like Donald Trump or Rick Perry, who comes in with guns blazing (figuratively speaking of course.) I want a real man, a strong man, a smart man, a moral man, and a true conservative. One who hasn't changed his mind on issues over the years. One who hasn't flip-flopped a lot. A man who loves America and the people in it. A man like Reagan that is really strong but doesn't have this ridiculous ego.
Maybe there's still someone else? Maybe it can be like the story of David in the Bible, when they went through all the brothers, and finally it was David who was to be king. They youngest and smallest but had the most confidence.
Hey, a girl can dream...

0 comments: