BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Rarely do great beauty and great virtue dwell together."



Have you EVER heard that any of the First Ladies have makeup artists?? Ones that will fly to DC and charge $15,000 a day (not to mention, MAN, am I in the wrong business...) Well, Michelle Obama does. The article I read today said that Derrick Rutledge, who made a name for himself by working on other black women (Patti LaBelle, Chaka Khan, Beyonce and Mo'Nique) received a call from one of Michelle's assistants asking if he wanted to audition to be her makeup artist. He initially thought it was a joke. Rutledge says he was summoned to the White House to prepare Michelle Obama for a St. Patrick's Day dinner. Two years later, Rutledge is Michelle's main makeup artist. (She has others??) Rutledge says when the White House summons him, he flies to Washington, even if it is just for a day or two. Evidently Oprah Winfrey saw Michelle's Time Magazine cover in 2009, and told the Washington Post, "I said to myself: Who did that (her makeup)? 'The first lady comes first. When she doesn't need him, I get second dibs.'

PLEASE tell me my tax dollars are not paying for Michelle's makeup artistry and plane tickets...
PLEASE....

0 comments: