BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 6, 2011

"And we need a little Christmas, right this very minute..."


Just a random Sunday night post to say I LOVE the time change. I LOVE it when it gets dark earlier, and we can come home on a brisk night and put an end to the work day. It just feels so cozy and holiday-feeling! And after our BRUTAL, TERRIBLE, horribly scalding hot summer here in Texas, this is so completely refreshing. You truly don't appreciate the sunshine until you've had a rainy day. And you don't appreciate these cooler days without an off-the-chart summer like we just had. Just thinking about it makes me cringe. We're still in the drought, so that part is still in distress, but having days in the 60's and 70's, well, they are heavenly.

Too, we all need a little Christmas - we need some Good Will - and we need it soon. Yes, all the stores I went in this weekend were decked out in Christmas and Christmas music was already playing but I don't think it's only for the money. I think we all need Christmas time when everyone is nicer and more generous and kinder and gentler. And we need God, wow do we need Him. And we need the time of the year where we celebrate His birth and give presents and talk about angels. So, even though it's not even Thanksgiving yet, I'm getting in the spirit early this year. And yes, I'll admit I did watch a few sappy Hallmark channel Christmas romantic shows this weekend to get me started.
Let the holidays begin!!

0 comments: