BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 5, 2011

"Did you ever?..."

(Sigh) Was sorry to hear that Andy Rooney, of 60 minutes TV show, died. We didn't share the same political views but I did enjoy his non-political rants on occasion. It's just that all the people who have been on television my entire life are leaving, like Regis Philbin, and Andy Rooney. It's so hard watching them retire and/or die, or in this case, both. They are just familiar, and it's comforting that some things are as they always were. When my mother was fighting lung cancer almost 10 years ago, Rush Limbaugh was losing his hearing, and I thought my world was caving in. Not to say that Rush's hearing was on the same par as my mother dying, but I do remember thinking that all of my comforts and securities seemed to be pulled out from underneath me. I prayed earnestly for my mother's healing, and Rush was on my prayer list too. And although my dear mother passed, I believe Rush was spared more time for his career because of the millions, like me, that prayed. The good Lord wasn't through with Rush, or his purpose on this planet. To say these are troubling times is a huge understatement, but it does allay my fears to know there are such loyal, committed conservatives like Rush on the front lines, fighting the good fight.

My prayer is that he and others like him keep ringing freedom's bell for many more years...

0 comments: