BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 9, 2011

"You can't keep a good woman down" (or can you?)


This is a daily blog, so yes quantity surpasses quality sometimes, but yesterday I could not blog since I had food poisoning - UGH!! I don't know if it's the terrible Texas heat that has rendered food spoiled, I just know I'll never eat another burger at Culver's. As a matter of fact, when I just typed that word I got the nausea again. And that nausea was the worst I've ever experienced. Ever. So this has to go at the top of my list for worst food poisoning experiences. It even tops the time in college I had gone with friends on a Christmas break ski trip to Aspen. It started out great, lots of guys and girls from UT, skiing the gorgeous slopes, but then the last night of our trip, I had eaten something, and it hit me just like the one last night - swift and strong. I went from normalcy to violent vomiting and the other end as well. In Aspen, my friends even called an ambulance to take me to the hospital, since they didn't know what else to do. But that one only lasted about 3 hours. Last night was 8 FULL hours of vomiting every FIVE minutes. It was wretched... I normally have the stomach of a goat and can eat anything, but evidently NOT a Culver's hamburger. At one point, about 2 a.m. when all the lights were out, I did have the thought that I didn't think I could do this anymore, sort of like in child labor, when you near the end and even the epidural isn't working. It felt like evil spirits were in the room conjuring up images of greasy food, urging me to vomit for the 100th time. I had to do mind games and try to erase those thoughts and think of beaches or gardens. It was indescribable. Even today when I normally bounce back, I haven't. I have to lay down and get up in short spurts.

It has not been a good 24 hours....

0 comments: