BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 17, 2011

"Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation"




Second day of vacation almost perfect except for the oppressive Texas heat. DD, Savannah and I are at the most magical place - our lodge is under a canopy of beautiful trees, a huge pool & overlooking a scenic springfed river. Lots of great Texans, also from small towns here too. Trying to make every moment count since I can only afford 3 nights. My largest advertising client blessed me when we got into town with $250 worth of gift cards at local restaurants. It left me speechless at her kindness...

This evening reminded me of the movie, "Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation" with Jimmy Stewart. DD and her best friend Savannah are at the "coming of age" time of their lives where they have discovered boys. After we checked in today, the girls headed to the river to watch the high school boys staying at our lodges show off and doing back flips out of the trees. They came over to meet the girls and later met up in the game room for pool, air hockey, ping pong and throwing the football. I just watched from the balcony since they wanted to look cool. It was awkward but it was a start in learning the boy-girl thing!
All in all, a magical evening!

0 comments: