BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 27, 2011

"God has not given us the spirit of fear..."


New York just passed same-sex marriage, and there's hardly a reaction in the United States. I think I read that a Catholic bishop said our politicians have let us down, and I read today that some Mennonites helped a former lesbian kidnap her child because the Bible says that homosexuality is wrong, (I don't agree with kidnapping.) My grown son who lives in Austin, says that I should keep quiet about this subject because it is an accepted lifestyle now.... And yes, in my small town and the town I work in, I know of same-sex couples. As a matter of fact my next door neighbors are a lesbian couple, and are very nice. My mother's best friend had 3 children, and 2 were gay (and one has died of Aids.) My high school best friend's younger sister is a lesbian. My best friend's brother was gay and died a terrible death of Aids. I've worked with lots of artists that are gay, and I consider friends. And all of them I know do not feel accepted and seem pretty sad.

This is a subject no one wants to talk about. We want to be well-liked and we want to be cool. We want to be kind and we want to be accepting. There's just one little problem. God says in His word that homosexuals will not make heaven. I don't make the rules, God does. As Christians, we are supposed to "hate the sin but love the sinner," and I do. But everyone says, "But they are BORN this way," but God would not give someone a nature that would send them to hell. That only leaves one other option; it's a spirit. Americans are not as familiar with spirits as in other countries, but there are spirits and the Bible talks about them. For example, lust, greed, envy - even fear - they are all spirits. And people can be delivered from them. God made man and God made woman. Period. You're either one or the other. And if you have the spirit of homosexuality, there are deliverance ministries. I know that it takes faith, Christian faith, to believe all of this. It's just that God's Word is true and God is love and God wouldn't make someone a homosexual if He says that they won't make heaven. It's time to stop judging and condemning. One thing IS true is that most do not choose to be gay; a spirit does come on them rather than being born with different DNA. And as a Spirit-filled Christian, I will love them, pray for them, intercede for them and war with them until they are delivered. And gays are being delivered constantly from this lifestyle by the power of God.
I'm not afraid to talk about it...

0 comments: