BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 23, 2011

"You can't compromise your values." - my sister


Okay.... I can cross off Ron Paul as one of the Republican candidates that I would vote for in the next presidential election. Just read today that he and Barney Frank (of all people) are going to introduce a bill to legalize marijuana.... And I can argue with a family member "till the cows come home" about this issue, but he is NOT going to convince me that it's the right thing to do. They always give you that blah, blah, blah about how we can put the pot dealers out of business and tax it, but I don't care. Once you legalize something, you make it okay.


One of my very good friends has a son in his early 20's who has been to rehab at least 5 times. They started with 3 different military schools, and when those didn't help, they moved on to the wilderness rehabs where you leave them way out in the boondocks, and they have to find their way back with no food. He nearly died after that one from a heroin overdose... Somehow that finally scared him into being clean for the last 2 years, but there are no guarantees. How did all of this start? In junior high, here in our conservative little town, with pot. Some punk would come to the junior high and give it away for free, so the takers would like the feeling of getting high. This boy, my friend's son, told me himself that it was the springboard to going on to a bigger high. So don't tell me that it's just fine. Don't tell me that it's better than alcohol. Don't tell me it's okay.
Because it isn't...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You did nothing in this article to argue against Cannabis. All you said here was It's wrong because its wrong. You tried to make a case for the "gateway drug" but failed. I'd like to say that "the boy" started his downward decent with tobacco and alcohol. Both of which you have done many times. Its because of mentalities like yours, that this country will be fighting the failed "War on Drugs". This war does nothing but destroy innocent lives from violent drug cartels and fill up our prisons with non violent drug offenders.