BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 19, 2011

"Champagne taste on a beer budget."



Schlitterbahn!!


Well for 3rd day of vacation, I took DD & friend to America's #1 waterpark, Schlitterbahn. Ugh.... Now I see why my dad never took us to theme parks... And as a baby boomer, I am officially too old for them!! We were there from opening at 10 am to 4 pm, & they only got to ride ONE RIDE!!! That's how crowded it was...
Ridiculous! I want my money back, and it is NOT cheap. Too, I realized the first lady might be right, there IS an obesity epidemic in America; I've never seen so many fat & unattractive people in my life!! Ugh, and the tattoos! I was disgusted!! But once we left, we had fun again, & met my son & his girlfriend at Texas' oldest dancehall, Gruene Hall. Once again, fun to see the girls at a famous Texas Dance Hall learning to two-step with my son! A group called The Wagoneers was playing, a Rockabilly group, so it brought a variety of folks. There were Baby Boomers, vacationers, locals, college kids on dates, and even hipsters from Austin. Funny people watching! Great music and great fun!!

No place but Texas!!

0 comments: