BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 13, 2011

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking."


Only one more day until my vacation starts... I've got to make it count. I only get ONE WEEK A YEAR! And we only get off on Christmas and Thanksgiving... so it's a lot of pressure, these few days. Too, my birthday is next Monday, so I definitely don't want to be working on that day. It's hard enough. As I've mentioned before, my boss didn't let me off one day my first year, so in the 3+ years I've been there, I've only had 2 weeks off. Total.

Actually I'm tired. Really tired. I'm still trying to recover from food poisoning last week, and my body just can't bounce back like it used to. But I've got a 14 year old who's counting on me to make those 7 days count like never before. But I will put on a happy face and push myself to try the hardest I can to make a memorable week. We're not going very far - just a little over an hour to a town filled with rivers and tubing and waterpark and fun and sun and God, I hope it will be fun for DD and her friend.
Me? I'm just really tired....

0 comments: