BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 5, 2011

"Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!..."


Just read that our great governor, Rick Perry of Texas, is saying, "There is hope for America, and we will find it on our knees." Yes! Finally a politician that gets it right! Governor Perry has invited other governors to join him in Houston in August to a solemn gathering of prayer and fasting at Reliant Stadium. And it gets even better, he's going to be asking for God's forgiveness, wisdom and provision. Absolutely! It reminds me of my favorite president, Ronald Reagan, who mentioned God and prayer often, and wasn't ashamed. Perry adds, "Right now, America is in crisis. We have been besieged by financial debt, terrorism and a multitude of natural disasters. As a nation, we must come together, and call upon Jesus to guide us..." Right on!! He isn't ashamed to admit that we all have a Creator and He is still in charge! And just recently Perry called upon Texans to pray for rain when all of the wildfires were burning, and guess what? God answered, and it rained a few days later. Yes, the answer to our problems is returning to the living God, so I too, will be getting on my knees.

And while I'm down there, I'm going to ask Him to give Governor Perry wisdom in his decision to run for president too...

0 comments: