BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Team Mel


Hmmm... in spite of all the reports, I'm still on Team Mel.... It seems Mel fell off the wagon a few years ago, and has been 'wandering in the wilderness' for awhile. He certainly seems to have his demons that he deals with, like alcoholism, but also all the other issues he deals with as well. But I still think he has a good heart, and deep down, has meant well. He made "Passion of the Christ" with his own money when no one in Hollywood would bankroll it, and was determined to do it in the best possible way. Being around my age, I am also sympathetic to the angst of getting older and losing your youth... I think his baby mama Oksana poured on the flirt to get pregnant, and live on Easy Street for the next 18 years, plus have the media attention for being with one of the richest men in Hollywood and a bona-fide world movie star. It all seemed calculating to me. In spite of his own admission of playing around while married, he seemed loyal to his wife, Robin, in the end and always returned to her. Word is she kicked him out after the racist rant to the cop, but maybe there was more. And now I just feel for him in this situation, although I know most say he got himself in this situation. For wicked women, they know exactly how to play certain men, and he sounded vulnerable after the police melt-down. He says Oksana was shaking their baby, and he was trying to stop her. I would've been furious too. I guess time will tell the real story, but the cards are stacked against her in my view. But for now,

only God (and them) know the truth....

0 comments: