BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 3, 2010

"A friend is one who walks in when everyone else walks out."

Have you ever been 'de-friended' on Facebook? I have, and it's not a good feeling...It was my son's girlfriend, and when she broke up with him, she immediately nixed me. It hurt me too... Not only did it blind-side my son, but made me sad too, since she had been talking about wedding rings just the week before...I know that sinking feeling when you realize you haven't seen this person's posts for awhile, and you look to see if you are still their 'friend' and you realize you are not. It takes you back to elementary school on the playground when people are picking teams, and you're not one of the first picks. Ugh.

Which leads me to Facebook etiquette. This kind of behavior reminds us of junior high, and not many of us want to take a mental walk back to that time in our lives. I personally think Facebook will peak, and then wain as people will grow tired of it all. I'm kind of getting to that point with it right now. It was a fun toy at first, talking with everyone instantly. But the new is wearing off like the smell of a new car, and I am not a Facebook junkie like I was in the beginning. Maybe Facebook will go the way of the CB radio...
10-4 Good Buddy....

0 comments: