BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 31, 2013

"There's a new sheriff in town..."


Just spent the weekend in Austin for a family member's birthday and Easter. Sigh. I guess I'm just used to my small town where most people go to church and most people are pretty nice as things go. But Austin is so liberal and filled with old hippies (who have now cut their hair so you can't spot them) and liberal transplants from all over the country. It's like a liberal magnet. I saw license plates from every where, and almost all that come, are super liberal. It feels so oppressive. And then the subject of same-sex marriage came up in my own family, and my son and even teenage daughter says it's "different" now and they know lots of gay people at their jobs and schools, and cannot judge them. We are definitely sunk on this one. I made my best arguments and said that marriage should not be redefined, but their eyes glaze over and they say it just doesn't bother them.
Something else that irked me was that most stores today were open in Austin. It was just a regular day for most progressives. (I guess "separation of church and state" is almost complete.) After we got out of my older daughter Alex's church, we drove to Olive Garden bracing for an hour wait, yet got right in at 12:30. It was even less crowded than a usual Sunday. Only a few years ago in Austin, we would rush to a restaurant where an hour wait was normal, but no one goes to church anymore, so it was a moot point.
Even when we drove back to our small town where many stores were closed, Wal-Mart and MacDonald's were open. Can't they close for TWO days a year?? Christmas and Easter?? Come on people! We can do better than this!! I realize that I'm a Baby Boomer and remember when there was NOTHING open on these holidays in cities like mine (San Antonio), nor hardly any stores on a usual Sunday. But things are changing at break-neck speed with the new powers that be, and these powers are anti-Christian in their actions, although their words say otherwise.
I was encouraged by the Christians on Facebook with even Governor Rick Perry posting a Bible verse on the crucifixion, while it was equally noticeable that the libs were extremely silent. Speaking of that, the libs that were in-your-face today were those at Google who chose to highlight Cesar Chavez on the Google opening page rather than anything Easter-ish.
I guess no surprise there....

If you're a Christian, Easter blessings to you and yours...

0 comments: