BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 7, 2013

A picture is worth a thousand words

Just a quick post tonight since my high schooler is doing her homework on our shared iMac so I'm on my iPhone....
I decided to post a photo of Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, and Ted Cruz on Instagram and hashtagged heroes, saveourcountry, USA, Teaparty & freedom. I kind of have my social media in groupings: my twitter is only political (conservative), my Facebook is sort of positive affirmation & self "marketing?" and Instagram is artsy, silly with children photos and lots of random photos of whatever strikes my fancy for the day. I love to capture sunsets, USA & Texas flags flying, anything funny that I see and, well, for lack of a better phrase, a mobile photo journal. It's my creative outlet, only visual. I put up quotes & inspirational things but mainly I just amuse myself. I have a lot of alone time in sales and it helps in the down time.
Anyway.
When I posted this photo below, I realized my followers are almost all of DD's friends along with my family, but I hashtagged for other viewers. So I was surprised when almost all who liked the photos were from other countries around the world. And they are freedom lovers!! It's why Instagram is my favorite social media. I follow people around the world - in Paris, Israel, Italy, Australia, Germany, Norway, Mexico, and many NYC Photographers to see what their lives are like. We may not all speak the same language, but we unite through photos. It's fascinating.
And hopeful...

0 comments: