BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's important to have a twinkle in your wrinkle.

Can we talk?!? (I can't remember what show that was from - Saturday Night Live?)
Anyway.
Just a final thought about the Miss Alabama - Brent Musburger snafu at the football game earlier this week. I talked to my ex about it yesterday and he asked what I thought. I said when I first heard the clip, I thought Musburger DID go on a little long about it. And then when I heard Rush Limbaugh's take, I agreed that men ought to be able to comment on a pretty woman. And Katherine Webb (Miss Alabama) evidently agreed too. Let me let you in on a little secret. It takes a lot of work, and a lot of time, and a lot of money to look like Katherine Webb. She IS gorgeous, no one denies that. And you don't run in a beauty pageant unless you want to be called pretty. So, as I thought about it, it occurred to me that Musburger was labeled "creepy" because he's 73 years old, and so he may have started to sound to some as a "dirty old man." I know, as a Baby Boomer, that we still see out of the same eyes that we had when we were 20. But our bodies are older... If a good-looking guy in his late 30's had said the same thing about Miss Alabama, no one would have flinched. I think it was his age, and that he went a little long with it. But there's nothing wrong with being heterosexual, and in this day of sexual harrassment at the drop of a pin, everyone tries to continue all of this sensitivity ridiculousness about the sexes. Pretty women love to be called pretty. MOST women love to be called pretty. And in the end, Katherine is the winner in all of this, because with this kind of press,
the world is her oyster...


0 comments: