BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Only God created more stars than Dick Clark." - Tony Orlando


Another icon is gone; another legend of my lifetime has passed away.

I can't remember a time in my life when Dick Clark wasn't on TV... I'm a Baby Boomer, and we watched American Bandstand every weekend, and danced to the music long before there was MTV and cable and iTunes and well, anything. My friends and I would land at someone's house and try to learn the steps to whatever dance was popular at that time. What an innocent time. And what a fun time. I told my ninth grader that he was the Ryan Seacrest of his day, since it was the only way she could understand. And he was Seacrest's protege, as he is making every effort to follow in Clark's footsteps. Someone needed to carry the mantle, so I'm glad that he is. Both are/were baby-faced DJ's with a lot of ambition.
Anyway.
It just saddens me as these icons are leaving us one by one. Yes, time marches on, but it still hurts... Goodbye to "the world's oldest teenager."
New Year's Eve won't be the same without you...

0 comments: